Vegetables mixed with insecticides, and pesticides are taking human lives and leading to diseases like cholesterol and diabetes. According to the report, 1.2 million children are found with type 1 diabetes. Most people had the myth that diabetes is caused by eating sugar. Let us look at the type of diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the production of insulin is in a small quantity. For energy, the body needs glucose from the blood cells. As the insulin is less, the body gets weak and, blood sugar rises. After the diagnosis, the next step is the treatment.
Treating a kid you should have to consider some facts and the points:
- Blood sugar level: If the blood sugar level is increasing, then you should check it before and after dinner. Based on the need, sometimes 4 times is required. There are two types of glucose meters:
Blood glucose meter: In this meter, the glucose level had to be checked manually.
- Continuous Glucose meter: This is a device that measures blood sugar levels all the time. CGM meter is good as it is used to check the sugar regularly and more often. This will help in keeping your sugar levels at healthy levels.
- Insulin: The doctor can make the plan according to the child.
This is also done in two ways:
- Injection: Doctors recommend 2-3 injections per day. A needle is very tiny. You can make the process easy by counting to 0. Letting them which finger to prick will make them feel less pain.
- Insulin Pump: A small tube is used to inject insulin that is placed just under the skin.
- Eating habits: Right diet as insulin, food, and exercise is to keep the sugar levels on track. To a parent, a kid is tough to make a plan that is under the supervision of an expert. According to the age, the diet chart should be made.
- Physical Exercise: Encourage your child to be active and indulge in some exercises. Note the sugar level before heading out. Exercise can affect your body for up to 24 hours. Exercise not only strengthens the bones but also helps in the body’s development. Give them at least 30-45 minutes of outdoor activity.
If your children are going to school and capable of carrying their medical supplies. Make a list of the important items and check your bag daily before heading out. Your checklist should include:
- Blood sugar meter
- Insulin pump
- Glucagon emergency kit
- Fasting source of carbohydrates
Make a management plan for your child. Inform the school and aware them of your child’s condition. Give them the list of the necessary do’s in case of emergency and a copy of the medical supply list.
The glucose levels can be up and down depending on the situation. As your child has been moving toward adolescence, there may be factors that are affecting your insulin levels. Teens often attend the party and sometimes become careless. As you cannot take care of your child at every stage. Preach them about their health awareness. Sometimes the situation can become scary.
Observe your child. Instead of nagging, tell them to be practical and cautious of their situation. Praise them when they do good work. Ask them to speak freely and spare free time along with the doctor. They might analyze their situation.
Diabetes has become a common word. Out of 10 households, nearly 8 people encounter the problem. Making proper planning, health, and lifestyle can help you fight in the long term. Taking precautions in the early stages will help you prevent worsening the situation in the future.