Parenting is one of the crucial and tough decisions in every relationship. We experience new things depending on the development of the child. From breastfeeding to sending the school every stage has its challenges and experience along with it. When the newborn is bought to the world. This is a roller coaster rider in both the lives of the baby as well as the parents. If this is the first time of becoming parents it will become stressful.
There are certain questions that many people encounter while caring for the newborn.
- Am I able to manage a baby??
- Certain questions related to financial stability??
- What are the upcoming situations??
- Will they be able to give proper education to a child??
- Some of the questions that arise now and then are unexpected while caring for the newborn.
- So we will look at the various stages that every human being deals with after becoming a parent.
This is the first stage after becoming a parent. At that time, you might be in hospital, so consider getting a help of a nurse or an expert in this field. Do not hesitate to seek help. Take the help of relatives and friends who had relevant experience in handling a baby. Extra care should be taken as the child is more prone to infections due to the weak immune system. A newborn tends to eat after every 2 to 3 hours. For the starting, 6 months only breastfeeding should be done to provide proper nourishment and can be extended.
Breastfeeding milk is made up of 90% water. This milk is beneficial for your baby as it fights many diseases such as gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases and infections. During breastfeeding a child may pass the infection to the mother and in return pass antibodies to a child helping in fighting infections. Breastfeeding is an essential step in taking care of a newborn and is also beneficial for the mother. In mothers breastfeeding may reduce the chance of cancer and fighting blood pressure, obesity in the long term.
Some of the times the doctors recommend not to breastfeed and will be given formula milk and mixed lactose. When feeding the formula milk 60 to 90 ml quantity is given but while breastfeeding this might become a tricky process to know if the baby is full or not. The trick is that check the number of dirty diapers and the weight of the baby. The baby usually cribs when hungry or wet. The child may inhale air while feeding so make sure that the child may burp.
Frequent eating or feeding may introduce many diapers. An infant’s body is too soft so there can be many problems such as skin rash.
Changing the diaper of an infant differ in girls and boys. Some of the things while taking care of a newborn is:
- The diaper cloth should be skin-friendly.
- Change diaper after every bowel movement.
- Clean the area with baby soap and water.
- Allow time for diaper-free.
If you still notice that the rashes or infections are not gone. Consult a doctor.
It is not easy to communicate with the baby. There are situations that arise if a baby gets cold or had a fever. As the medications to be given are different from those we take. So we will look for some homemade recipes given for different conditions to be given in emergency:
In case of cough:
- Mix an ample quantity of lukewarm water, honey, and lemon juice. Consistency should be syrup-like and stored in a glass jar.3-4 times a day when you notice the symptoms.
- The mixture of lukewarm milk, honey, and turmeric(optional) can be given anytime.
- Anise seed crushed, honey, and lukewarm water can be stored in a jar. One tablespoon is given 3-4 times a day.
- Honey, lemon juice, lukewarm water, and grated ginger can be stored in a freeze. One tablespoon is given 3-4 times a day.
- Mint, ginger, and lukewarm water and can be given at room temperature. One tablespoon to be given at least 2-3 times.
If an infant is suffering from fever. Check the temperature using a thermometer. You can try some of the methods:
- Damp washcloth
- Bathing in lukewarm water
- Intake of plenty fluids
- The fabric should be comfortable such as cotton and dress according to the temperature.
- Give the massage of mustard oil
Do not act rashly and do not panic. If possible, contact the doctor.
In case of constipation
Constipation can be common when toddlers start to take solid food after the age of 4 months. Constipation can be due to several factors like changing the milk product such as cow milk to formula. Less intake of liquid or having foods having low fiber. Some of the methods we can do
- Massaging the tummy
- Exercise leg Bicycles
- Massage with the castor oil
- Fruits such as pear, plums, peaches, and papaya
- Spices like asafoetida
- Drinking liquids like warm water
- Intake of fruit juices
- Taking dry fruits such as raisins, dates, figs.
- Whole grains like barley, Dalia
The way to parenthood is a tricky path but one must achieve it by proper planning and understanding the signs and symptoms.