Understanding digital marketing is necessary in order to comprehend SEO.
In essence, digital marketing is the promotion or dissemination of a brand online. The different digital marketing channels include affiliate marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, mobile applications, websites, and last but not least, SEO (search engine optimization).
The term SEO, which stands for “search engine optimization,” refers to the process of making the best use of search engines by implementing two forms of SEO, namely on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
How is SEO done?
SEO is an organic process of marketing. The process of conducting SEO and content posting goes hand in hand. It is a process of increasing visibility in search engine result pages.
Maintaining a quality site results in better reach and gives a strong impact on site visitors. The ultimate goal of SEO is to get greater traffic to your site. There are many online Digital Marketing Training programs out there to learn and get hand on practice for the same.
Types of SEO:-
- On-page SEO ~ All the steps taken within your website to rank your site higher in search engines falls under On-page SEO.
Some essential steps we take to conduct On-page SEO are:-
- Posting High-Quality content:- while performing SEO the primary and most important part of the process is high-quality content. What I suggest with High-Quality content is maintaining authenticity, don’t simply submit for the sake of publishing, make sure it adds value for you and your users.
Researching is okay until you are copying, keep your content original to avoid plagiarism. Writing a well-researched long article will attract more readers, and long articles have also been shown to rank higher in the SERPs.
- Relevant content:- Preserving in thoughts the above-cited factor it is critical to understand the quest reason and to supply maximum applicable content material to searchers. Even if you manage to rank your site higher on search engines it would be temporary if your content is not meeting the search intents.
So before you submit your content, make sure that’s what users want.
- Optimize page content:- Primary step is to create user-friendly content with authenticity. Using appropriate keywords in the content and adding long tail keywords to make it more specific.
Do not write content for the sake of search engines, write for users, ranking is only based on how well the user is interacting with your content.
- URL optimization:- while performing on-page SEO this is a key element of the process. Using appropriate and relevant keywords in the URL slug so that it’s recognized by search engines and understandable to the readers and doesn’t look like spam. Avoid overstuffing keywords, keep it simple, and avoid using programmatically created URLs.
- Internal linking:- Means adding a link on one page of your website to another page of the same website making it easy for the users and search engine to navigate and reach the desired content.
- Page loading speed:- Maintaining the standard page loading speed is crucial. How fast your content is loading will decide whether the user is going to stick to the site or not. Avg loading speed in a survey shows around 10 sec while browsing on a desktop and around 27sec while browsing through mobile.
- Mobile friendly:- To keep it mobile friendly create a joyful and smooth experience for users. Make sure to maintain site loading speed, and make it easy to navigate, while maintaining the quality of the landing page as we all heard first impressions matter.
- Off-page SEO ~ All the action taken outside of the site to promote and increase site visibility falls under Off-page SEO.
- Creating backlinking:- Means getting others to refer you. In simple words, getting a link from another website to your own page is called Backlinking in SEO. More backlinks results in higher ranking in Search Engine Result Pages as google finds it more authoritative and ranks your site higher.
- Social Media Engagement:- These are the platforms where people connect and create networks globally. Creating content to engage audiences on different Social Media platforms can help in getting greater traffic, and that eventually leads to more conversion rate.
- Guest Post content:- This method can help you target different groups of audiences through different platforms by creating awareness and also helps in creating backlinks. Act wisely while selecting guest post sites, try not to go for sites that are not relevant to your niche, make authentic content and relevant too, select sites with good DA to reach the desired audience.
- Forum submission:- Although forum submission doesn’t help in ranking higher on SERPs, if implemented wisely it can be beneficial for your site. Forum posting is carrying out important discussions through online platforms. If you are wondering how this may help, let me explain. This method helps you to interact and engage with your potential customers by answering their problems or by getting to know their pain points and working accordingly.
- Local listing:– In this, you are supposed to list your business on reputed business listing sites with identical information like address, contact, description, services, name, logo, etc. this might also get you valuable backlinks from high DA sites. This helps in reaching out to a wider audience.
Conclusion:- There is this saying “Slow and steady wins the race” and SEO is example of this as it is a slow and organic process. Give Atleast 6 months to see top 10 google ranking position actual result. This blog has all the basics of SEO mentioned in it, implement and practice.