Pregnancy is a major step in every woman’s life. During pregnancy, there are life changes be it emotional, psychological, and physical changes and many more. Sometimes it is difficult to cope up with the condition. Most of the common symptoms that people talk about are nausea, vomiting unlike the changes like new arrangements.
There are mixed emotions which are also common. The most important thing is to look for the complexity of the problems which can sometimes be challenging and exciting. If you are finding it difficult start by talking to the family members or friends about the changes that you have been experiencing. But there can be symptoms like anxiety, stress, and depression that can affect the daily lives, and if these symptoms persist more than two weeks consult your general physician.
The symptoms that you can encounter during the pregnancy are:
- Bleeding gums- common symptom related to the mouth and oral health as the immunity system is down. The infection and inflammation of the mouth can be checked by getting an x-ray done.
- Estrogen level- As the level increases, you may experience a lot of hair and the nails may get soft and brittle. Later on, this will result in hair loss, as the levels go down.
- Stretch Marks- This is a common symptom related to skin. These marks are common in people who have a large fetus or had rapid weight gain. The pinkish or purplish lines are seen on the woman’s internal body parts. There are no ways to prevent these marks but recommend the use of cocoa butter to relieve the itchiness of the stretch marks.
- There is also a “pinkish glow” or called the pregnancy glow due to the increase in blood circulation. The breasts also feel full and tender. The surrounding skin will become dark and enlarge.
- Feverish-Due to increased metabolic activity and sweat glands, the body may feel warmer. Wear comfortable clothes.
- Feet- The feet may seem as big as a shoe size. The swelling feet is common as there is the production of extra fluids and an increment in growth hormone.
For some of the signs, health imaging is advised. The usage of ultrasound is limited to 2 to 3 times to keep the track of the development of the fetus but an x-ray is harmful it can be done only if there is no exposure to the fetus.
The developmental changes in the human body can lead to stressful sleeping which in turn can lead to complications in pregnancy. Sleeping during pregnancy is based on the trimester i.e. during the 1st and 3rd trimester you may feel more sleepy than usual. Some of the tips are:
- Experiment with pillows
Try to sleep in a comfortable position most people struggle to find the right sleeping position. The pregnant woman should sleep on the left-hand side. This helps in regular blood circulation and also helps in reduction in the swelling of the ankle, foot. Take the help of two or more pillows. Pile them behind your back, stomach, or between knees whatever works out best for you. Nowadays pregnancy pillows are available in the market. Also, wear suitable clothes according to the weather. Keep your room cool.
- Less engagement with an electronic gadget
Minimize your interaction with an electronic gadget. As the usage of electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, laptops, and television can hinder your sleep. Reduce their screen time or dim the brightness of the gadget. Avoid the usage 1 hour before going to bed.
- Check your intake
Maintain a regular diet of solids and fluids. Due to the increase of the sweat glands fluids should be taken in an inadequate quantity. A healthy diet should contain all the important vitamins and minerals. For the joints, you had to take the appropriate quantity of calcium (milk) and magnesium. Take the fibers to solve the gastric issues and the proteins. Visit your general physician to consult in case of any allergy. Avoid usage of caffeine and sugar at night. Do not opt for a heavy meal before going to bed.
- Usage of the bathroom
Due to a large amount of intake you may be frequent to the bathroom. An appropriate quantity of fluids should be taken but avoid it during the evening. If you are feeling thirsty sip down one or two mouth gulp instead of having a large glass. Use dimmer lights in the bathroom as bright lights can also disturb your sleep.
- Maintain a regular time
Try to wake at a fixed time every day. As it will help in managing the routine, you can have your diet and medicine at the exact time. If you are still feeling sleepy then try to take a nap in the afternoon for 30 minutes or 60 minutes. Maintain a schedule. Grab 8 -9 hours of sleep.
- Relaxing atmosphere
Try to keep your atmosphere positive, relaxing, and refreshing. Turn on some soulful music for calmness. Yoga can also help in getting good sleep. Read some spiritual books. Go for a relaxing massage. If you are not feeling sleepy start reading a book. Avoid stress as much as possible. If you are still feeling insomnia then there is another medical condition called anxiety or prenatal depression. Try for therapy. If you are not still sleepy try to communicate with your friends or family members who had overgone through the same situations.