Each Outlook as well as Gmail are well-known throughout the world for their transfer of files, data images, files, and nearly all media files available on the internet. Both have their own identities and lots of users use both accounts to ensure simplicity of communication, since Outlook isn’t compatible with mac Gmail. However, users has the ability to open Gmail via the internet on the system, which would make the user constantly checking between two accounts, which can result in wasted time. The conversion of files must be carried out with care in order in order to prevent any damage for the files.
Reasons to Transfer MAC Outlook emails to Gmail
While both platforms are very well-known, Gmail has the edge over Outlook with regard to the amount of users. It means that users who do not use Outlook aren’t in a position to view emails without this transfer of emails. In order to make the emails possible for Gmail users across the world , it’s essential to move emails to Outlook in to Gmail. It allows users to gain access to email from any across the globe.
How do you access your MAC Outlook Emails in Gmail?
The procedure of allowing you to open your Outlook email messages in Gmail is broken down into three separate steps. The manual process helps to ensure an easy conversion, which lets the user enjoy an error-free experience after the conversion. These are the three methods:
- The preparation of your Gmail account
- Setting up your Gmail account within Outlook for Mac
- Transfer the data from your Outlook for Mac data to your Gmail account
Below is a step-by step guide for completing this task that must be followed with precision.
Setting up Your Gmail account: Enable IMAP
- Click on click on Settings icon, then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose forwarding as well as IMAP/POP from the menu.
- If you see the IMAP access box is displayed Choose to enable IMAP.
- Select “Save” changes at the lower right.
- In the menu bar on the left select the left menu pane, then click on Create Label and give it the name OLM files. This will make the process easier in many ways.
Setting up your Gmail account within Outlook for Mac
- Start Outlook on your Mac and choose the Accounts option from the menu.
- Following that, choose the email option.
- Then, you’ll have to enter the login credentials for your Gmail account using Outlook to Mac.
- Simply click Add Account to continue, and then quit Outlook.
- Transfer all of your MAC Outlook (.OLM) data to your Gmail account
- Start your Outlook for Mac app.
- On the folder to be transferred, click right and navigate to the Copy > Move to folder option.
- The last step is to click the Send/Receive in order to transfer OLM mail to Gmail and then allow access. process to be complete.
In the end
The ability to access Outlook for Mac email accounts from an existing Gmail account is an essential way to make it easier managing two accounts at once. It also helps save amount of time as well as energy. This is an extremely simple and organized procedure. This process must be carried out without skipping any step to make an easy transition between the email accounts on both platforms. All of the steps described in the process above are verified by professionals and are best suited to corporate office managers who need to access both accounts from one location.