QuickBooks has established itself as the leading accounting tool, yet regular users of the application face various issues, such as the QuickBooks Running Slow issue. There are several reasons that evoke this problem in QB. Once the application starts running slow, it affects your day-to-day work activity. Hence, it is important to resolve this issue immediately. If you are a regular user of the application, then you might be wondering why is my Quick Books Desktop running slow and how I can speed up my Quick Books application. This blog delves into this common work performance issue of QB. Also, read the complete blog to know the effective methods to troubleshoot this problem.
- What is QuickBooks Running Slow Issue?
QuickBooks running slow is a technical issue that affects your work performance. The occurrence of this issue results in the sluggish performance of QuickBooks desktop or QuickBooks online. As a result of this issue, you can not complete the crucial work projects within the required time frame. It ultimately affects your business. Usually the error occurs when the system requirements are not fulfilled. However, there are other reasons that provoke this issue, as stated below.
- Why is My QuickBooks Desktop running slow?
There can be a number of factors that trigger QuickBooks Desktop running slow issues. Below, our experts have mentioned the prominent causes of this performance issue in QB.
- You are using the outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The company files are exceeding their prescribed file size limit.
- QBUSER.INI file is damaged or corrupted.
- The minimum system requirements to run the QB application are not met.
- The hard drive got damaged or corrupted due to a virus or malware attack.
- The important QuickBooks files necessary to run the application get misplaced.
- Too many users are accessing the application at the same time.
- What are the Consequences of QuickBooks Running Slow Issue?
There are multiple performance issues that can occur when the QuickBooks Desktop starts running slowly. Usually, the QuickBooks performance issue can be categorized into two main categories. The first category is when the application takes too much time to load, while the second category is the unresponsive category.
Below, we have mentioned a few of the common work issues performance that users might encounter.
- You can not update the QuickBooks company files.
- The copy, deletion, or relocation of the data is not possible.
- You can not recreate the company data.
- Issues with the work performance in multi-user mode.
- The QuickBooks point of sales becomes unresponsive.
- QuickBooks desktop does not respond to your commands.
- Unable to open the QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
- The application freezes when exporting reports or entering transactions.
- Latest Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Running Slow Issue
There are various troubleshooting methods for this work performance issue. Pick the user mode, i.e., single-user mode or multi-user mode. Implement the troubleshooting methods as per your user mode to troubleshoot the problem. Below, we have mentioned the troubleshooting methods of single-user mode.
- Solution 1: Install the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
The issue in the QuickBooks installation will result in this error. By using the QuickBooks diagnostic tool, you can easily resolve the installation issues. Just follow the steps listed below to resolve the QuickBooks desktop running slow issue.
- Foremost, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub. The install diagnostic utility is a part of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open the tool and then click on the installation issues tab.
- Here, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button.
- It will start scanning the application for the issues. The issues will be automatically fixed if detected.
- Restart the system when the scanning process is over.
- Solution 2: Verify the Windows System Configuration
You must fulfill the minimum system requirements. In case the bare minimum system requirements are not fulfilled, then your application will start performing slowly. Consider the below-mentioned points for smooth work performance.
- RAM – 4 Gigabytes
- Processor – Minimum Core 2 Duo Intel processor 2.4 GHz or the higher version.
- Screen resolutions – 1280×1024
- Free Disk Space – 5 Gigabytes after installation.
- Operating System – US version of Windows – 10, 8.1 or 7.
- Windows Server – 2012 R2, 2016, 2008 R2 SP1 or 2011.
- Stable connectivity to the internet or an optical drive.
- Solution 3: Rename the QBUSER.INI file
The corrupted QBUSER.INI file will trigger this issue in the application. By simply renaming the file, you can easily increase the speed of your QuickBooks desktop application. The steps that will guide you through the process are:
- Open the location where you have saved your QBUSeR.INI file. Usually, the file is located at C:\Users\[Your user name]\App Data\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks[year].
- Now, right-click on the file and choose the rename option.
- Add the .old at the end of the file name to rename it.
- Now, find the entitlementDataStore.ecml file and rename it to remove the error.
- Hopefully, it will improve the work performance of QuickBooks.
- Solution 4: Reset The.TLG File
In case you have made the recent copy of the company data backup, the application will reset the.TLG file. The steps to improve the working speed of QuickBooks are:
- Open the application and log in by using your admin credentials.
- After that, click on the file menu and choose the backup option.
- Further, select the ” create local backup now option.
- Now, click on the options button from the local backup tab and then select the Desktop to save the file.
- Also, make sure that the verification code is completed and press the OK button.
- Click on the Save it Now option and then press the next button.
- Lastly, select Desktop and click on the save button to save the backup copy.
- Solution 5: Reinstall the QuickBooks
You can uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks to resolve the QuickBooks runs slowly in multi-user mode . The steps that will help you in resolving the work performance issue are:
- Open the control panel of your system and then click on the programs and features tab.
- Further, click on the programs tab. A list of all programs will appear on your screen.
- Select QuickBooks and right-click on it.
- Choose uninstall the program option to remove the program from your system.
- Now, visit the official website of Intuit and then download the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Once the QuickBooks folder is downloaded, open it and look for the executable file.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks.exe file to install the application.
- Agree with the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
QuickBooks is a robust application used by SMEs to manage their financial records. The application has the latest tools and features used to perform various tasks such as invoicing, tax filing, transaction management, and more. However, at times, QuickBooks running slow issue will impact the work efficiency. The methods described in this blog are effective enough to fix this issue. In case you need the help of a professional expert, then call our experts now.