At some point in time, people find struggling themselves with the grey and white hair strands. Sometimes the grey or white strand are encountered at the age of 40s but sometimes it is early. So, let us first see how this occurs. The hair consists of two concentric layers. The first layer is the cuticle that gives your hair a shiny finish and the other is the cortex that contains pigment which helps in coloring the hair. The absence of this can turn your hair white.
The white hair or graying can be due to the use of chemicals in the form of shampoos, conditioners. The ancient records have shown that the usage of natural home remedies is very effective in giving a better result. The home remedies are free from harmful chemicals. The Guinness World record for the longest healthy hair has been named to Xie Qiuping from China for maintaining the length of 5.62m strands of hair.
The white hair or grey hair can be due to the reasons such as smoking, stress, and be hereditary. The hair treatment can also damage the hair. The gray hair is a different new hair. The gray and white hair cannot be avoided but taking proper care can help you to delay the aging process of hair. You had to take certain measures to keep track of your hair health. Let us look at some measures:
Intake of vitamins and minerals: Vitamins are often recommended especially vitamin B that is rich in B-2, B-5, B-7, and B-12. Minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, and copper. These vitamins and minerals are important in ensuring healthy skin and the protection of human follicles. Copper delays the premature aging of hairs. Make sure your diet includes all these important vitamins.
No to smoking: Smoking damage the hair follicle.
Protection from harmful rays: Heading out, you not only have to protect your skin but also your hair. As the dust, pollution, and harmful rays can be a risk to your soft and silky hair. Try to cover your hair with the help of a scarf.
Hair damage reduction: With the use of technology, hair styling experts use too much heat in the form of curlers or hair dryers. This will absorb the moisturizer of the hair. Experiments such as bleaching, harsh shampoo can bring unseen damage to the hairs. Try to wash your hair less instead of washing daily. As it will reduce the natural oil present in the hair follicle.
Now let us look at some homemade recipes, dyes, and the ingredients required for healthy Hair
- Oils: Regular washing can lead to your hairs feeling dry. Massage your scalp with coconut oil or mustard oil, almond oil for proper nourishing your hair. Thrice a week massage can regenerate the hair.
Boil the coconut oil and curry leaves in a pan. After the mixture cools down apply it to the scalp. Massage the oil and leave it for 20 minutes. Use shampoo to wash and then condition it after shampoo.
The paste of coconut oil and lemon juice will be effective when applied to the scalp. This is used to fight dandruff.
The hair mask can be made by mixing amla powder with honey and almond oil. Leave it on the hair for 30 minutes before rinsing off with shampoo.
Similarly, egg, mustard oil, and lemon juice can be used to make a mask.
- Rice: Often people think that how rice is effective on hairs. But the rice water is effective. Soak the rice in water for about 1hour. Then use the rice water to rinse off your hair. As the rice water contains vitamin B and vitamin C. It is also used to fight dandruff and strengthen the strand. This is beneficial both for hair and the body. This is a natural ingredient and does not contain any chemicals.
- Amla: Popularly known as ‘gooseberry’. This can be used to eat in form of pickles or candies. Amla powder is used to black the hair. Boil the water and amla powder in a pan. Leave it to rest overnight. Then rinse off your hair with the mixture. Amla is rich in vitamin C.
Mask can be made by mixing with fenugreek seeds and lemon juice.
- Tea or coffee: Boil the tea or coffee can be used to fight grey and white hair. Rinsing your hair with black tea or coffee can give efficient results. Tea can be used to obtain black hair while coffee for grey hair.
- Bhringraj: This can be used by boiling it with coconut oil. Wash it after one hour. Repeat this process twice or thrice.
- Black pepper: Fresh black pepper when mixed with lemon juice and yogurt can be used as a mixture and is applied on the scalp. Repeat this process 2-3 times. This mixture can be used to obtain smooth hair and fight dandruff.
- Aloe vera: This is beneficial for skin and hair. Aloe vera gel can be applied on skin and hair to obtain smooth skin and strong hair. The stem is cut from the leaves and the gel can be obtained by peeling the skin and obtaining the gel with the spoon.
- Vegetables: Try to include a diet that is rich in garlic, cabbage, sweet potato, broccoli. Carrot juice is efficient and is seasonal. Carrot seed oil and sesame oil mixture can be used.
- Onion: Onion is very important. Onion Paste is applied to the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes then rinse it off with water. Many companies had started hair products containing onion as the ingredient.